Friday, July 23, 2010

Time to Breathe

Since I've been home I'm getting caught up on my To-do list. You know, the cleaning, organizing, ironing, mending, stuff that waits for you to have time and the patience to get to. It's been three weeks since the lay off and I'm actually starting to feel caught up from stuff that built up over the winter.

Which means more time to sew. I usually have a hard time getting into the sewing room because I feel like there are all these 'shoulds'. Well there are less of those now. :)

I made another continuous strip quilt, this time for a customer. It was a joy to make, the colors are just so yummy! I've said in the past it's rare that I make the same quilt twice, but in this case I was willing to make an exception.



Here is the color palette, these are 2" wide strips of random lengths.



Pressing the first row open.





Sixteen rows, just before it goes from a vertical layout to horizontal.



Here's the finished top.



And here's the finished quilt. I pieced the border at short intervals to carry the color scheme.



The back is also a grape/vineyard color scheme but more garnet.



A close up of the machine quilting, click to enlarge any of the photos.



I named it Crush.

1 comment:

Elaine Adair said...

The Candy Box is so fresh and cheerful, but I LOVE that Crush!!!

It's amazing that we quilters are STILL coming up with new designs. Thanks for these inspirations! 8-)))restob