Friday, July 30, 2010

Just Sew

The draft's been drawn, the colors chosen, and the fabric pulled from the stash. The first half of the quilt is pieced so I know what it's going to look like when it's finished, now the interest wanes. I need to just put my head down and sew, don't think, just sew. Let's see, if I still need 24 blocks and each block needs two background corners, that's 48 squares that need to be sewn, trimmed and pressed. Can I get them done before bed time?


Clockwise from upper left: sewn, cut aways, trimmed blocks, pressed open


Hey, even the trash is pretty and bright!

Got those done, good! So I turned my attention to the pastel Ocean Wave that's been simmer in the background off and on for two years; made a few more of those. The accuracy on the alternate block is improving; it's still a bear to piece, but more of them are coming out close enough to five and a half inches that I'll be able to use them.



There's still time before the it's time to call it quits; I know, let's start something NEW!


Having fun with my new rotary circle cutter


Mix and match, love those brights!


First cut


Second cut, I finally found a use for my rotating cutting mat


Little Bulls eye blocks - 4.5" finished

I went to bed tired, but happy.

1 comment:

Fabricfaire said...

Can not wait for the results! Great colors!