Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Falling Leaves Quilt Show Continued

Miniature Magic By Betty Upchurch


Rainbow Sea By Marian Drain



Rosy's Rainbow

It was a good thing these last two weren't hanging within sight of each other. I think they might've spontaeously burst into flames, so brilliant!

Twinkle, Twinkle By Julie Nodine

Stars in the Garden By Sue Haley

My quilty friend Su and I were oggling this one, looking at all the colors, the fabric, the *work*. I said, "I wonder how long it took?" just as the maker, also a Sue walked by. "Hey SUE?!" We stood and talked as she recalled the process; "Oh maybe two years... you know... off and on. Working with so many blues for the block backgrounds was a *real* challenge for me. But I like it..."

What an incredible show... I went home tired but happy.

1 comment:

Fabricfaire said...

What a wonderful pictoral review of the quilt show! The "rainbow" comparison was great!