Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Border Color Changes It All

I did get borders on the Sawtooth Star orphan blocks I wrote about in Sashed. But the color of the first round of intended borders, as planned in the EQ version of the project, just made it go flat. And suddenly it was too 'Christmas-y', which I didn't want. It just goes to show you can't assume an EQ render will make all decisions final.


So of course it *sat* for two or three weeks. I reverse engineered the border and finally sewed the new border color on this last weekend. I think it's done. The other version was going to have an inner border of green and an outer border of navy.

Of course Su is totally tickled. She thinks she's converted (corrupted?) me from my blue-green tendencies. I figure this will make a good place to practice free-motion block outline quilting. Then I'll donate it to the children's ward at the local hospital.

3 comments:

Quilting Kim said...

I'm so glad that you left a comment on my blog -- just so that I could find yours. I love your second choice on the star quilt - it really makes it "pop", whereas the green just made it kinda flat.

Rosy said...

Your "reversed" engineering really changed the look to "more better"!The recipient of it will be so cheered by your thoughtfulness and talents!

Su Bee said...

Hee hee hee hee -- Haa haa haa haa -- LOL!!! Giggle giggle, snort snort -- Hiccup - oh my.
YES - I am tickled!!! And a fine corruption, er, I mean, CONVERSION it is, too!