Thursday, May 01, 2008

More HST's

With Frank's help I figured out I need 270 HST's for the pieced pyramid border for Starstruck. I had 132 bonus units from piecing the center of the quilt, so I *only* had to make 138 more. I wanted them to be from the same fabrics as those left over from piecing the top so I did some stash diving and scrap scrounding to come up with more of the same. I sorta managed, had to throw in a lot of new backgrounds.

After I chain piece a long row of units I like to cut them apart using this tool, my seam ripper standing in a spool adapter that I use for my Star thread. It works great!

Then I 'tossed' the second set together with the first to blend the fabrics.

Half-square Triangle salad! Pass the croutons...

1 comment:

Fabricfaire said...

The HST look pretty just in a pile!
I like the method of putting the seam ripper to work. I'd probably "stab" myself!