Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Walk Among the Clouds

I guess it's been hot, hot, hot! pretty much everywhere. Ukiah's known for it's triple digit summers, but even in our valley it's been record breaking - like 114. (!) So I've moved my morning walk from 10 am to 9 am and then 9 am to 8 am. When it's 98 degrees at 8 in the morning you *know* it's going to be a scorcher.

I wanted to share the views and vistas on my walk with you, the goodness of God's green earth, even when it is over a hundred degrees...

Due West

West by Northwest

Due East

Due South

East by southeast

Pretty nice. It's even better when the sky is clear and that muggy haze isn't there. These are a few other sights along the way, if I'm lucky...

Common Blue Butterfly

Jack Rabbit


Red Dragonfly

Great Blue Heron

It's rare that I see the heron, but he winged his way south this morning and I had to smile. They're so large, I can always tell it's a heron by the seemingly lazy flap of the wings. Isn't it considered good fortune to see a heron? Well I had good fortune this morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»