Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Changing of the Quilt

Hi!
'Member when I talked about the quilts I hang in the kitchen and change with the seasons? Well I finally got around to putting up the yellow-orange-red quilt I call "Summer's Heat". Seemed appropriate...


This quilt was started about thirteen years ago and I worked on it off and on for a few years before it ended up sitting for a long time. It got pushed to the back burner for a number of reason, not the least of which was that clear prints in yellow-gold, orange, tangerine and cherry red were just not available at the time. When I picked it back up again three years ago, I went to the local fabric store for a 'few more colors' to round out the fabric palette and I was *astounded* by the selection. It made the projcet so much easier. I guess my effort back in 1993 was just ahead of its' time.

We were vacationing in Oregon that summer and hiking in a cool wood. I was taken by all the different leaf shapes, textures and colors. It was July as I recall. This was the picture the quilt is based on.

You never know where inspiration will come from.

My quilty friend Su's been a quilter for about 3-4 years. She works in orange and red all the time. It's practically become her signature color. She sent me a picture of her recent quilt entitled Heat Wave. Talk about brillant minds thinking alike! We sure rub off on each others quilting. :D

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Yep, that quilt definately looks like it feels around here right now! I love orange too so I really like this.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Fun quilt - great colors.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»