Monday, October 01, 2012

Knitting Work Basket



A quilting friend gave me this old time knitting basket. I love the wood frame, so colonial. The bag part had been redone and seemed to be from the 60's or 70's judging from the color and the fact the lining was polyester double knit, gak!



So I took it apart and cut a new bag and lining. I added pockets to the inside and out. 

I wasn't sure how to attach the bag to the wood frame. The last version had four small screws holding it in place, but the middle sagged and the corners ripped as a result. I threaded a needle with four strands of cotton quilting thread and used the evenly spaced holes in the wood to sew it to the frame.
 


It sits by my easy chair and holds my current project in progress. 


And it folds closed so I can grab it and go if I want to.

No comments: