Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Searching For Calm

One of the things I noticed in the garden at the Bed and Breakfast we visited, was how many meditative statues they had. At first it struck me as too much. One peaceful Buddah sitting contemplatively in a quiet nook is inspiring, but six and it starts to feel like overkill. DH and I set out to photograph them so I could blog this observation. But something happened along the way.

















They're so peaceful. As we spent time photographing each one I was captivated by their facial expression. Especially this last one, just looking at her something softened inside me and let go. I teasingly named her 'Deborah', but then realized her name is more likely to be 'Milan'.

Seeking Serenity.

1 comment:

Fabricfaire said...

They are peaceful, but.....!