Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dyeing Comes On The Heels of Reclaiming

I am completely captivated by this new fiber adventure! By now I have several different sweaters at varying stages of being reclaimed. Once I reclaim the yarn, the possibilities seem almost endless. I joined the Unravelers forum and found the members friendly and so willing to make helpful suggestions. Such as, if I don't like the color of the reclaimed yarn I can over dye it. Well... dyeing seemed like a whole other craft, but Kool-Aid dyeing makes it sooo easy! And it doesn't cost a lot to experiment.


100% worsted wool


Approximately one packet of drink mix per ounce of yarn.


The yarn completely absorbs the food coloring in the drink mix. You know it's done when the water becomes clear.


Cherry. But I bet you guessed that.

No comments: