Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Little Help From My Friends

This was the layout I posted earlier in the week...



and I thought it was pretty good. But as I said at the time "I could live with it", it wasn't really hitting the mark as much as I wanted, it just didn't *pop*. Elaine wrote and suggested I try placing the light corner patches next to the light triangles and the dark corner patches next to the dark triangles in alternate rows. The picture of hers told me that's what mine needed. I was willing to disassemble the top and try again.



A subtle change, but Yay! I like it so much better. Blogland friends are the best. Thanks Elaine.

4 comments:

Fiona said...

Who would have thought such a small change would make such a diffrence?

Lena Möre said...

I have seen alla your creativity last month and I am impressed!
I special like the hat (?) in squares for your head!
Lena

Elaine Adair said...

How nicely it turned out! I LOVE it. It's so friendly, and unsophisticated yet delightfully graphic. 8-))

One of these days, I'll try it again, maybe choosing the opposite method - who knows what THAT will look like???

Fabricfaire said...

What a "awesome" difference!