Thursday, April 16, 2009

Found a Good Home

On an impulse I donated the Continuous Strip quilt to the fund-raising auction at Plowshares, the homeless shelter in town. The coordinator of the event was so thrilled to have it! When I took it over to her I was a little sorry to see it go, mostly because I didn't know if the highest bidder would know or appreciate what they had.

I didn't attend the auction-dinner event, but imagine how delighted I was when the coordinator called me the following week. "The person with the high bid for your quilt was a quilter! She was just so thrilled to get it, she kept saying, 'Oh the colors, they're *my* colors, it's like she *knew*. Thank you so much!'"



And so I'm happy to know that my little quilt will not only warm the woman who won it, but also help Plowshares as they warm others with their food and shelter.

4 comments:

Malissa said...

What a good example this is. For me, it would have been difficult to part with such a gorgeous quilt to ANY cause. I'm so happy it turned out so well for you.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

What a wonderful feeling, good for you!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Great looking quilt...glad it found a good home :o)

Fiona said...

Isn't it great when someone really appreciates a quilt you've made? Sometimes you make them for people and wonder if they really liked them or if they ever used them. Personally, I'd rather know that a quilt had been washed and used over and over until it had holes in it than put away in a drawer, never to be seen again. Sounds like your quilt will be put to very good use.