Sunday, December 14, 2008

*phew*

It was rainy today and the temperature never rose above 38. I decided to put my trip to Michael's on hold until my lunch hour tomorrow.

I made two batches of Spiced Walnuts, one with Splenda for my MIL who's diabetic. I'm happy to say that Splenda Blend actually behaves just like white sugar when candy making... I didn't know if it would.

Then I made a double batch of Chocolate-aroos - Imagine Rice Krispie treats with peanut butter stirred in, topped with melted chocolate chips. Yum!
Somewhere in there I had lunch. Then did three loads of dishes. Next I gift wrapped and shipped wrapped above said gifts. I always feel better when the packages to Washington and Oregon are in the mail!

Christmas carols played on the hi-fi until it was time to make dinner. Then I announced I needed something livelier! We put on El Chicano - which is a lot like Santana only with jazz overtones... despite the fatigue. After dinner I created two gift trays of cookies and candy for coworkers. Much sampling of cookies and candy were enjoyed. I'm ready for some down time.

2 comments:

SuBee said...

Pretty nice way to spend a cold miserable day!

Fabricfaire said...

Yummo! I can see the smiles when your family opens their boxes! Glad to know about the Splenda! We are having a "snowday"! Brrrr.