Wednesday, December 31, 2008

How This Little Quilt Evolved


I've been working on the Dbl Fourpatch strippy. Once I found the perfect brown things came together really fast. Originally it was going to echo the look of the late 1800's. But it talked to me and told me something different.



I drafted it in EQ6 to plan borders and get an idea of the finished dimensions. It was at that point that a little voice asked- do I want yet another nap sized quilt? The plain borders brought the size to 63" x 76". I don't seem to make bed quilts. They just finish wherever. Well not this time!



I shopped six different stores to find the perfect brown; but while there I also found the perfect red. This is the new proposed layout. The last border is five inches. It finishes at a whopping 108" x 98". Oh my head... what am I thinking? But I'm pysched again and the juices are flowing. I haven't been this excited about making a quilt in a long time.

I've begun cutting the pieced border. Only fifty-five each of red and brown two and a half inch squares. Not as bad as I thought...

2 comments:

Fabricfaire said...

This is an incredible color and design creation. Plueeze have it ready for the October quilt show!!!!

dot said...

a very lovely quilt indeed. I like your color choices and placements.