Thursday, November 08, 2007

Sew Day With Su Bee

Saturday Su and I decided to 'play hookey' from guild and SEW! What better excuse?

She was hot on the trail of her Paintbox blocks...


... and after a few hours of sewing she had these. I posted 'em on the side of the refrigerator with bar magnets as each one was completed.

I finally tried my hand at string-along blocks. But I couldn't seem to get the hang of it. This is as far as I got. Are they *blah*? I like the blue in the middle, but I think my color choices are too careful. So I made more, thinking I was using an 'anything goes' frame of mind.

Huh... can't see much difference.

Guess I'll have to make more, try harder to be less controled, more avant garde. That could be a challenge. :D

3 comments:

SuBee said...

EEeeeeewwwww!!!!! Who is that old lady with no chin????
The string blocks still look great; after all, no one looks at individual fabrics just the big picture.
Which is very pretty!

Elaine Adair said...

Hey, attitude is everything! The string blocks are just as they should be. When they are finished, and maybe with a border, and quilted, they'll be perfect. I think your strings might have more zip if they were different size, and used with "devil may care" approach. They're just fine as is, but you can also angle them, use some ridiculous ones, add some that definitely don't "go", etc.

Check some of mine about 3 posts ago - never did I think they would work, but they came out quite great (IMHO). LOL

Rose Marie said...

Your string blocks look good to me! Once all assembled, you will be able to see a difference in your colours and values.