Saturday, June 23, 2007

The First One Always Takes the Longest

I just fell in love with Fiona's little satchels. I've been wanting to make one of these since I saw her's in May. I went stash diving for the fabrics first thing this morning, ran to the LFS for zipper and grosgrain, made a few modifications on the original instructions, put the zipper in backwards, *twice*. Felt like I was sewing blind a couple of times. Right side? Wrong side? Inside out? But I'm still pleased with the way it looks. If it just wasn't so darn *small*. I had in mind a man's toiletries kit... well this might work as that for Ken of Ken and Barbie!


Oh well... now that I've worked out all the kinks in the assembly the next one will go much faster. I think I'll start with a 18" square instead of a 12.

3 comments:

Fiona said...

It's looking good, Leslie. Mine were 12" square too - probably just pencil case size. Now you've made the first one the rest will be a snap.

Patti said...

Looks great! What a handy thing to have!

Fabricfaire said...

Cute fabric! Nice size!