Saturday, February 08, 2014

New Design Wall


Once I moved into the sewing room, it was time to create the design wall. 6' x 7'. Yeah!
 

We started with sheets of foam insulation, duct tape, prepainted wood trim and 72' wide felt by the yard.






We used a craft spray adhesive, not spray baste which is designed to wash out.


After the batting was affixed to the board, I trimmed it to an inch all around.



Then my husband framed it with wood strips. We tucked the batting under the wood as it was screwed in place.


Now that's a helpful tool for laying out my Ocean Wave! I thought the duct tape showing through would bother me, but it can act as grid lines for placement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I realize this is a bit of an older post, but I just came across your blog today and I have to say that this is a brilliant idea! Do you have to pin the fabric squares in place or does the adhesive used to attach the batting to the insulation make the batting adhesive enough that the fabric sticks to it?