Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Kauai Dreams


I started these hand applique'ed blocks after our trip to Kauai for our 25th anniversary. That was eight years ago.




I wanted to use this multi-colored batik for the lattice, borders and binding, so I searched many shops for a bit more. That's partly why it sat for so long. But once I decided to gift it to my husband for Christmas, it went together quickly.


I was also finishing the wedding quilt for my son and DIL, so once Kauai Dreams was quilted and bound I thought it was done. The day before Christmas I realized I wanted to wash it so the quilting would show more. Oh no, Frank's going to be home in three hours! I damp dried it in the oven on warm. (yes, my oven needs to be cleaned)


It's finished! It's a wall hanging! Frank was pleasantly surprised.




It's currently hanging in the kitchen nook adding a delightful island note to our holidays. Aloha!



No comments: