Thursday, January 12, 2012

Greetings From Planet Yip Yip

My sons are in their late 20's and early 30's but they still get a kick out of the Yip Yip aliens from Sesame Street. YouTube has a whole library of their skits. The one where they meet the clock is a favorite of mine. So when I saw this pattern on Ravelry I just had to try it!


I had some fingering yarn left from socks that was perfect. And crocheting the tentacles was fun. Because this one's on the small side, I used white DMC floss to wrap the straw that makes the eyes, then embroidered the iris with black floss.

DS2 opened it Christmas morning and hadn't had it two minutes before his fiance' asked if she could see it. Yip, yip, yip, yip. :)

It was a little tricky using the small dpns on the first one so I used dk yarn for the next one.


Every programmer, computer geek has his executive toys; my sons have these on their desk.

1 comment:

Fabricfaire said...

Crazy cute!