Monday, December 03, 2007

Let the Season Begin

The weather has finally turned cold and rainy, making sitting by the woodstove a cozy delight.

But yesterday I received a call from a friend who offered us two free tickets to the Ukiah Symphony's performance of Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker. That was worth going out for.

It's been *such* a long time since I've been to the symphony. I enjoyed sitting in the theatre listening with eyes closed to the familar passages. It was nice to *listen* and not be distracted by dance as well. I could enjoy each instrument as it added its' voice during the performance. Just let the mind go...

What a wonderful way to ring in the season. Bring it on!

1 comment:

Fabricfaire said...

How nice of your friend to think of you! I bet it was very relaxing and soothing to listen to w/DH!