Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Have a Heart...

While I was recovering from that *noxious* stomach flu that's going around, I sat in my easy chair and thumbed a stack of new-to-me Fons and Porter magazines. I found this cute little Woven Heart Basket pattern. I just had to try it! And for once, when the instructions said, "Quick and Easy", it really was! The instructions suggested using fabric glue stick to attach the handle. But I thought it was a perfect occasion to practice the embroidery feature on my relatively new machine. So I tacked the handle with a small heart. Perfect!

Well one just wasn't enough, so I made a few more. And hey! Valentine's Day is still a few weeks away. I've never been so ready. =)

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Thanks for this - I know how to make these from paper, but can you believe I never thought of making them from fabric? I wanted to make some valentine decorations - I think I might just try these.