Friday, May 08, 2015

Knitted Headband


Ever keep coming back to a project, trying to get it right or closer to what you had in mind?

I tried this headband last fall (two years ago! I just checked my notes) using dk weight on sz. 4 needles. 


But it was turning out much too wide and I couldn't really see the lace pattern.
 

I recently tried again with sock wt. on sz. 3. I had completed a couple of lace tops in between, so working the lace pattern was easier for me to understand. It was better in the sock yarn, but I wanted it to be narrower than it was turning out. Ripped it again. It's still on the 'to-do' list though. I want to find a softer yarn. And understand the lace repeat enough to make it a little narrower. I guess I rarely leave a pattern alone, always gotta tweak it.

No comments: