I worked along on my top-down shawl most of the winter. Because the yarn was a smaller gauge then the pattern suggested, I did another repeat, which brought the stitch count to 400+.
The lace border was worked on the long edge and cast off one stitch each row. I enjoyed learning this new technique, called an applied border.
But the lace gave me trouble at first, so I decided to work a sample on a larger scale. That helped a lot. I could see what was going on and learned the stitch pattern.
Once it was all done, I soaked it in cool water and pinned it to foam core board.
The lace opened up so nicely! Suddenly I understood why it was called Shoreline. The lace looked like cresting waves.
It's large enough to wear in a number of different ways, which is fun.
Because it's linen and cotton, it's surprisingly light for the amount of fabric there is. The designer asked if I'd be willing to let her use my photo on her Ravelry pattern page. Sure!