Thursday, April 15, 2010

Scrapbag Bonanza



Most of the ladies in my guild know I like to work with scraps so every so often I'm gifted with a scrap bag. It makes me so happy! Free fabric! Different quilters use different colors and patterns and I love sitting down and pouring over strips and bits. This is the pile when I first took it out of the bag, but it expanded because the pieces were compacted.



Here is the pile sorted about half-way. I have a natural tendency to 'group and sort' and I enjoy 'making order out of chaos', so this is the perfect combination of those things! I'm in heaven.



This scrap bag felt like a treasure trove, the more I sorted and grouped, the more I found; several sets of orphan blocks and these fun velvet applique'ed blocks - as well as a spool of quilting thread, 11 cents, several flower head pins and a sock! Kathy do you want the sock back??



I'll prewash another day and then cut the fabric into strips and squares; fresh colors to add to my palette. Can you see how big I'm smiling??

3 comments:

Fiona said...

I love other people's scraps! They're a grown up lucky dip.

Lena Möre said...

You are a lucky scrap-owner!
I love scraps, too.

Fabricfaire said...

No one but you could make a beautiful quilt out of a scrap pile! That was a fun day!