Monday, November 10, 2008

Vintage Nines - Alittle at a Time

Remember these circa 1910 blocks? You can read about 'em here and here.

Seems like I work on 'em a little every six or nine months. I'm making progress. I added the blue outline square to show the irregularity of the patches. Prim is one thing but this takes it to new heights. Was the quilter really young, really old or disinterested?

The colors from that century are so droll, but the combinations are amazing. The textures are so rich.

The original set the blocks with indigo blue, but I haven't decided yet...

2 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

I haven't heard the word "droll" for such a long time - it's the perfect word for the little 9-patches. 8-)

Droll sounds like a little critter that might live under a bridge -- oh wait, that's a troll!

(Hey, it's a Senior Moment thing!) 8-)

Fabricfaire said...

Yes, they are unusual fabrics,however knowing your talent they will take on a whole new "life"!